“Scientists and artists agree that the mind-body connection are the key to a truly happy and fulfilled life. Creative Motion Chicago specializes in developing healthy classes based on fitness foundation principals that are progressive and inspiring. The combination of innovation and focused body mechanics makes CMC’s class offerings unlike anything you have experienced. Get more than a workout, be inspired. Get more than a routine, be in the moment. Get more from life, be Creative.”
Lacey Whitaker, Owner
Creative Motion Chicago
- Memory: According to a study in The New England Journal of Medicine, dancing may boost your memory and prevent you from developing dementia as you get older. Science reveals that aerobic exercise can reverse volume loss in the hippocampus, the part of the brain that controls memory. The hippocampus naturally shrinks during late adulthood, which often leads to impaired memory and sometimes dementia.
- Improved Mood: Feeling down? Dance! Multiple studies have proven that dance and aerobic activity improves mood and outlook.
- Stress Relief: If you’re feeling tense or stressed out, you might want to grab a partner, turn up the music, and tango! In a controlled study in the Journal of Applied Gerontology, researchers found that partner dance and musical accompaniment can help bring about stress relief.
- Energy: Taking a dance class will help. Research published in The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition found that a weekly dance program could improve physical performance and increase energy levels among adults.
- Focus: Dance routines with varying music styles have shown improvement of cognitive development of the mind according to Harvard Medical School psychiatrist, John Ratey.
- Improve Flexibility and Pain Relief: Those plies and arabesques that ballet dancers practice aren’t just for aesthetics — they also increase flexibility and reduce stiffness. You can skip the ballet slippers and still reap the benefits of ballet by practicing some simple stretches at home. Increasing your flexibility will help ease joint pain and post-exercise soreness.
- Cardiovascular Health: Daily sustained cardiovascular exercise has long been a staple of a fit body. Doing aerobic exercise that excites you highly increases your likelihood to keep with fitness. Progressive music and Creative classes are your sure road to a better mind and body.
- Weight Lose: We all know that losing weight is key to looking feeling good. Boredom is the #1 reason that people fall off of their workout routines. You will not only be entertained by our fitness but you will be inspired.
- Balance: Your ability to balance and maintain a good posture help you in everyday life. This is especially true as you age. Ensure your future activity by bettering your balance now.
"Exercise is the single best thing you can do for your brain in terms of mood, memory, and learning," says Harvard Medical School psychiatrist John Ratey, author of the book, Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain. "Even 10 minutes of activity changes your brain."
Are you new to Creative Motion Chicago? CLICK HERE to register!